We help you reach goals - not pick stocks.
You’ve worked hard, saved, and planned so you can enjoy life and take care of the people you love. We understand the tremendous responsibility that comes with your trust. Beginning with the first meeting, and through our ongoing service, The Cornerstone ExperienceTM we'll help YOU and YOUR FAMILY live the life and retirement you imagine, whatever that means to you.
We begin with a thorough assessment. Once we understand your needs, what's important to you, and how much risk you’re comfortable with, our Wealth Advisors analyze the data and evaluate options before recommending the appropriate portfolio.
Then, we monitor and evaluate your portfolio performance, and meet regularly for review appointments to adjust for the inevitable curve balls life throws.
*Diversification and asset allocation do not ensure a profit or protect against a loss. Investing involves risk and you may incur a profit or loss regardless of strategy selected.
Members of the Cornerstone Investment Committee establish and implement our investment strategy, set investment policy, and continually monitor every element of the investment process.
The Committee meets at least quarterly to evaluate portfolio construction, analyze current economic themes, and review our investment process.
Here's a recap of Cornerstone's most recent Quarterly Investment Committee meeting, held Friday, Nov. 20, 2020.
Summary - Investment Committee Quarterly Meeting - November 20, 2020
At the Quarterly Meeting held Friday, November 20, 2020, the Committee evaluated portfolio construction and analyzed current economic themes, following a standardized agenda:
Monitor Investment Portfolio Performance
Evaluated each investment portfolio for performance and risk level, considering such things as:
- Sector weightings – Both current and expected because the pandemic “favors” certain sectors and industries (e.g., e-commerce, medicine, air freight) and is potentially damaging to others (e.g., hospitality)
- Value vs growth
- Small company v large company
- International exposure
- Alpha and beta
- Internal expense ratios
Evaluated each position in every portfolio – buy, hold, or sell
- Determined positions that no longer meet standards and are to be replaced.
Consider, Evaluate, and Plan for Market and Economic Events
Discussed and Considered Economics
- The recovery is unfolding in a “K-shaped” pattern – different parts of the economy are recovering at different paces.
- The economy, earnings growth and Fed policy provide a positive outlook
- Although GDP has grown, there is still a distance to go before the size of the economy returns to pre-COVID GDP levels (forecast of approximately -3% GDP for 2020, accelerating to about 2.7% in 2021)
- Potential for further weakness in the dollar.
Discussed and Considered Equity Markets
- Are valuations elevated? Keep in mind the equity market is supported by the ongoing economic recovery, low interest rates, optimism around vaccines, and a rebound in earnings growth in 2021.
- Client reviews will continue to include a heavy emphasis on risk tolerance, time horizons, tax efficiency.
- Rebound in economic growth has not translated into demand for transportation fuels.
Discussed how political concerns could impact the economy and markets.
- Continued focus on tax law changes and strategic tax planning is highly important, especially until it’s clear what changes the new administration will make.
- A polarized political environment will continue to be of concern.
- Some risks may provide opportunities.
- Technology sectors are expected to benefit from building 5G highway.
Investment Committee Members
Gordon Wollman, MS-Financial Planning, CFP®, ChFC, CMFC®, ChFEBCSM, CRPS®, AWMA®, AAMS®
Founder & CEO, CFS
Wealth Advisor, RJFS
Richelle Hofer, CRPC®, ChFEBCSM, AWMA®, AAMS®
Wealth Advisor, RJFS
Daniel Reinders, CRPC®, ChFEBCSM
Jill Mollner, MBA, CFP®, ChFEBCSM
Andrew Ulvestad, AAMS®
Wealth Associate/Client Relationship Manager
Investment Committee meeting, Friday, Aug. 7, 2020:
Ever wonder how the Financial Planners at Cornerstone Financial Solutions develop and monitor an investment strategy customized for YOU? Watch this 3-minute video to learn how the Investment Committee operates.
Driven by research and deliberation - not emotion and speculation - the committee utilizes a broad range of robust research tools and resources to keep abreast of best practices and market conditions, such as financial publications, third-party research materials, subscriptions to market data, and contact with affiliated and outside analysts and consultants.
Get Raymond James latest investment strategy and market information.